The Oberwerk 3000 Series tripod and head combo is the best value on the market for a medium-duty tripod for binocular astronomy. Comparable to the much more expensive Manfrotto 055XDB tripod/128RC head, it has a similar load capacity (up to 9 lbs.) and even greater maximum height (78″)- enough height to allow standing underneath a binocular when it is pointed up at the night sky. Tripod construction is black-anodized aluminum, the pan head is cast aluminum, with a total weight of 8 lbs. The pan head includes one quick release plate and panning handle. Extra quick-release plates are available for $8. Also included is a padded carrying case.
- Sturdy 3-section tubular aluminum legs with quick-flip locks.
- All-aluminum panning head provides smooth azimuth and altitude motion.
- Altitude bearing tension adjusted by a twist of the panning handle.
- Aluminum 1/4-20 quick-release plate for easy attachment/removal of binoculars, cameras, etc.
- Elevator column with screw clamp for easy height adjustments.
- Maximum Height: 78″.
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 9 lbs.
- Collapsed Length: 33″
- Weight: 8 lbs.