The Oberwerk 5000 Series tripod and head is the best value on the market for a heavy-duty tripod for binocular astronomy. Comparable to the much more expensive Manfrotto 475B tripod and MVH502AH head, it has a high load capacity (up to 16 lbs.) and even greater maximum height (7 feet!)- plenty of height to allow standing underneath a binocular when it is pointed up at the night sky. Tripod construction is black-anodized aluminum, the fluid head is cast aluminum, with a total weight of 13 lbs. The fluid head includes one quick-release plate and dual panning handles. Also included is a padded carrying case.
This tripod/head combo is ideal for all Oberwerk binoculars up to the 110mm Ultra Series, or any other binocular up to 16 lbs.
5000 Series Tripod
- Sturdy 3-section tubular aluminum legs with quick-flip locks
- Crank-up elevator column for easy height adjustments
- Maximum height: 84″
- Collapsed length: 36″
- Max. weight capacity: 24 lbs.
- Weight: 11 lbs.
5000 Series Head
- All-aluminum fluid head provides smooth azimuth and altitude motion
- Internal counter-spring helps to balance load as it tilts from horizon to zenith
- One 3/8-16, 1/4-20 quick-release plate
- Dual panning handles
- Max. weight capacity: 16 lbs.
- Weight: 2 lbs.