You NEED an Oberwerk XL Binocular!
Does your home or office have a fabulous view? Oceanfront, lakefront, hill-top, mountain-view, penthouse- the view from all of these types of properties would be greatly enhanced with a high-quality optical instrument. Think about what you paid for your great view. The cost to get even more enjoyment from that view from an Oberwerk binocular is comparatively minuscule.
Binocular or a Telescope?
Answer- a binocular telescope! All too often, people choose a decorative brass telescope for their great view. Unfortunately, most brass telescopes are meant to be looked at- not through. Most do not have high-quality optics (in fact they typically have very poor optical performance). Even if the optics were of excellent quality, one 2″ or 3″ objective lens simply cannot compare to a pair of 3″ to 4″ ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass objectives. Using both eyes provides perspective and depth perception to the view. For less than the cost of that brass telescope, you could own one of the world’s most powerful binoculars. Optical superiority aside, we think the Oberwerk XL Series Binocular Telescopes, with their sleek ultra-light magnesium construction, mounted on our gorgeous made-in-the-USA hardwood tripods, are better-looking and certainly more interesting than any brass telescope. While most brass telescopes just collect dust, owners of these binoculars will never tire of the spectacular 3-D views that they deliver. If you’re like most of our customers, you’ll use your binocular several times a day.
What can I expect to see?
- You can read a car license plate one mile away (under ideal conditions).
- You can clearly see boats at sea that are not at all visible to the naked eye- sometimes so clearly that you can read the name on the ship (again, under ideal conditions).
- You can see Saturn’s rings, cloud belts on Jupiter (and 4 of it’s moons), and get great views of the craters on our own moon.
- One of our customers in California reported that while he was viewing down the coastline from his home, he recognized friends of his walking into a restaurant- which was 3.5 miles away.
- A customer said they could count the lights on the Verrazano Narrows Bridge (which connects Brooklyn to Staten Island)- from their New Jersey home 45 miles away!
Click here to see some actual photos of what 25x and 40x can show you.
Why buy an Oberwerk?
High-power binoculars are definitely a niche product, and we’re the world leader in this category. Of course there are plenty of less-capable binoculars that sell for less, but there simply are none better than the Oberwerk XL Series- at any price. Consider also that since 1999, Oberwerk has been well-known among the amateur astronomy community for high-quality products at low prices, and with exceptional customer service. Binocular astronomy is considerably more demanding of optical quality than daytime terrestrial observing, and every Oberwerk binocular is tested and tuned to delight even the most demanding amateur astronomer. This means you are assured of receiving a perfectly adjusted and well-collimated instrument, even if your binocular will not be used on the night sky (however, we highly recommend that you give this a try).