We call it “level and go”, the term used to describe iOptron new AZ Mount Pro’s simple set up routing. Using its built-in precision level indicator, the operator simply levels the mount and turns on the power; this capable computerized alt-azimuth mount takes it from there. Utilizing the on board 32 channel GPS receiver and built-in position and angular detection sensors; the AZ mount Pro calculates its global position as well as the binocular telescope orientation. Automatically the mount slews the instrument to an easily identifiable bright object in the night sky. The user need only confirm a bright object is in the center of the view, to activate tracking and GOTO functionality.
For manual operation in daylight, simply cancel the auto-setup at power-up, select a slew speed (9=MAX), then use the arrow buttons to move the binocular in any direction. Manual control is also available while in go-to mode.
Add the Bino Bracket to mount an XL Series binocular telescope. For the BT-100XL-ED/SD, one 4.5kg and one 2kg counterweight are required.
- On board rechargeable lithium ion battery for up to 10 hours of use
- 33lb. payload with a mount weighing only 13lbs.
- Whisper quiet low-power consumption stepper motors
- Go2Nova® 8407 hand controller featuring 212K+ object library with an 8 line illuminated LCD screen
- Zero backlash driver system
- Built-in WIFI adapter for full ASCOM, iOptron CommanderTM and Sky Safari wireless control
- Serial port for computer control and firmware upgrades
- Position memorization at power interruption
- Die-cast aluminum body
- Built-in 32-channel GPS receiver
- Automatic position and angular detection sensors
- 100 ~ 240V Battery Charger included
- Aluminum Hard Case
- Two year limited warranty (90 day for battery)